Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
A wide range of situations could constitute a valid personal injury case. Some of the most common cases injury lawyers see include car accidents, premises liability like slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, dog bites, and nursing home abuse or neglect.
It is not enough that you were injured for a personal injury claim or lawsuit to be valid, however. The harm you suffered must have been caused by the negligence or intentional acts of someone else.
To find out if you have a valid personal injury case, contact the accident lawyers at Strong Law Offices for a free, no-obligation consultation. 309-688-5297.
Request a consultation
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Evaluates an Injury Case
Our accident lawyers consider a variety of factors when evaluating a personal injury case. We will look at:
- Your injuries. If you suffered injuries that required medical treatment, you may have a personal injury claim. Our injury attorneys will request your medical records to help us confirm the date you were hurt and to gauge the severity of your injuries.
- Who is liable. Determining who was at fault for your injuries will be at the top of the accident attorney’s to-do list. In Illinois, liability for injuries may be shared when more than one party contributes to an incident that causes injuries. If it is determined that you contributed to the accident, the modified comparative fault model will be applied. Under the 51% rule, you must be less than 51% responsible, or your recovery is barred.
- Whether you have spoken to the insurance company. If you agreed in writing to a settlement offer from the insurance company or cashed a settlement check, you may not be able to recover further damages. Some exceptions apply, however. Our attorneys can help determine whether you are still eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- The statute of limitations. If you wait too long after the accident occurred to file a lawsuit, your case will generally get thrown out of court.
- Available insurance policies and coverages. In most personal injury cases, insurance coverage is the main source of compensation. Our attorneys will look at all available policies and coverage limits. These may include homeowner’s policies, auto insurance, your own uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, and your MedPay coverage. If no insurance policies exist and the defendant is not wealthy enough to pay for your losses, you may be extremely limited in your recovery.
Do You Have a Strong Personal Injury Case?
While proving fault in some personal injury cases is fairly straightforward, a number of factors can quickly derail your case. If you delayed getting medical treatment after your accident, contributed to the underlying accident, or nobody witnessed the incident, for example, your case may be more challenging to win.
At Strong Law Offices, our attorneys are not intimidated by large corporations, powerful insurance companies, or complicated injury claims. To help you succeed in recovering compensation, we will stand strong to ensure all liable parties are held accountable, all avenues for your recovery are pursued, and your settlement is maximized.
Find out if you can recover compensation. Contact us online or call the personal injury attorneys at Strong Law Offices for a FREE, no-obligation case evaluation. Call Now 309-688-5297.
Make sure to check other personal injury resources from our blog: