Knowing when to hire a personal injury lawyer in Bloomington, Illinois, can make all the difference in winning an accident...
Questions to Expect in a Slip and Fall Case
When investigating a potential premises liability or slip-and-fall accident, Strong Law Offices looks at and speaks to potential clients for detailed information. It is very important that our lawyers develop a thorough understanding of exactly how, when, and where the slip-and-fall or premises liability accident may have occurred.
There are many questions that a potential claimant will be expected to answer by a premises owner or management company responsible for the maintenance of a claim. Insurance carriers request detailed information. The following is a series of questions that are very typical in the investigation of a slip-and-fall and/or premises liability claim.
What kind of questions to expect in a slip and fall case?
- Where did you fall?
- When did you fall?
- How did you fall?
- How did you land and which body parts were injured?
- On whose property did you fall?
- What is the exact location of the fall?
- Were you able to obtain pictures of the fall?
- What are the names and addresses of any witnesses to your fall?
- What were the lighting conditions where you fell?
- What do you feel the owner of the property or the persons responsible for the management and/or upkeep of the property did, or failed to do, which proximately caused you to fall?
- Please describe how you feel the owner or the premises manager or store owner was responsible for your fall.
- Please give the names of the owner and/or manager of the premises who had notice of the condition that caused you to fall.
- Please describe the exact nature of the condition that caused you to fall.
- What kind of shoes were you wearing?
- Were you carrying anything? If so, what?
- Where was your attention focused and/or concentrated?
- Please describe how you feel this fall could have been prevented.
- Please give any other relevant information you feel is important that our firm should know or understand regarding the circumstances of your premises liability and personal injury.
- Discuss Your Slip-and-Fall Case in a Free Consultation
The answers to these questions will help inform your case. To discuss your slip-and-fall case with our experienced slip-and-fall lawyers, please call 309-688-5297 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Other personal injury resources you will be interested in: