Protecting Your Workers’ Comp Rights
If your workers’ comp claim has been denied or delayed by your employer or the insurance company, you need someone who will stand up for you and make certain your rights are protected. Insurance companies and even your employer will not advocate for your best interests. You should know that at Strong Law Offices, we will stand up for you.
Our law firm has locations in Peoria, Springfield, Decatur, Bloomington and Chicago, and represents people in workers’ comp claims and work comp appeals throughout the state of Illinois. Our lawyers are experienced, knowledgeable of the law and prepared to stand up for your rights. We will work hard to help you obtain the workers’ comp benefits you are entitled to.
Representation Throughout Illinois: Workers’ Comp Appeals Attorneys
The appeals process for workers comp cases is complex, so it is important you work with a lawyer who is experienced. There are strict deadlines for making the appeal, and failure to abide by those deadlines could compromise the validity of your claim or cause your claim to be dismissed.
At Strong Law Offices, we handle appeals on a regular basis and are familiar with the deadlines and documentation necessary, and how to prepare a strong case. Our lawyers frequently represent clients on all levels of appeals, including:
- Arbitrator appeal: An appeal that is an administrative action filed with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission for a hearing before an arbitrator to appeal an insurance carrier’s wrongful denial of benefits or access to care.
- Commissioners appeal: Appeals before a panel of three commissioners on the Illinois workers’ comp board to appeal a decision of an arbitrator.
- Circuit court appeal: An appeal handled in the county where the injury/workplace accident took place from an Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission’s decision. The service requirements are different, and the standard of review is higher in that you must show that the decision of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission is against the manifest weight of the evidence.
- Appellate court appeal: Both parties have the right to appeal to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission Division of the Illinois Appellate Court. This process requires extensive briefing.
- Illinois Supreme Court appeal: This is granted only with leave of the court.
If you have been denied a claim, you have the right to appeal. An attorney at our firm can help you with this process. We will thoroughly examine the medical records, investigative records and do everything possible to demonstrate the impact of the injury on your ability to work. If you’ve been injured, get Strong.
Contact Our Peoria Employee Rights Attorneys
Interested in a free consultation? Contact one of our team members at 309-565-8191 to schedule a meeting. We are happy to meet with you from any of our convenient office locations, or we are available to meet at your home, the hospital or another location. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
When You Have Been Injured, Get Strong — We Are On Your Side